Features and Benefits
- 9 month training and assessment
- Suitable for care workers in a supervisory role who have 6 months experience and previous training
- This qualification is recognised by the Care Quality Commission and Care Council
- Improves career prospects and efficiency
- Choice of pathways to suit your role (e.g. working with those with learning disabilities, dementia or children and young people)
The Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care is a wide-ranging programme covering the skills and knowledge needed to care for others in a broad range of health or social care settings.
It is flexible to suit all fields of health and social care. You can choose a pathway that suits your role – for example, working with people with a learning disability, people with dementia or children and young people.
This is the main qualification required by the Quality Care Commission in England and the Care Councils in Wales and Northern Ireland.
These are the recognised qualifications for care workers and senior care workers in health and social care.
To take the Level 3 qualification you must be working in a care setting already.
Candidates at this level should have a minimum 6 months experience of working in a supervisory or senior role in their chosen care sector e.g., residential, nursing, dementia, domiciliary, learning disability etc.
Candidates should have undertaken training, both statutory and non-statutory, and may have achieved a Level 2 qualification.
In order to undertake this qualification candidates must be working in a supervisory position i.e. as a team leader, senior or similar.
They must be involved in the following:
- Key work sessions with SUs
- Attendance and participation in review meetings
- Monitoring and reviewing care plans
- Updating care plans
- Full participation
- Storing and access
Health and Safety
Have some responsibility for health and safety
The Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care is a nine-month training and assessment programme. A qualified and experienced tutor will teach and then observe candidates during their everyday work activities.
With their tutor’s guidance they will gain knowledge and understanding, build a portfolio of evidence to meet the National Occupational Standards and be assessed against the Standards.
Recommended Reading List
- Level 2 Health and Social Care Diploma: Candidate Book
- Level 3 Health and Social Care (Adults) Diploma: Candidate Book
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services
Candidates at this level may wish to progress to management level.
The level 3 qualification will give the candidate the grounding to do this effectively.
At level 3 candidates will achieve a minimum of 58 credits:
- 28 credits from Mandatory group A
- 2 – 7 credits from Optional group B
- At least 23 credits from Optional group C
Some units carry more credits than others and assessors will guide and support candidate choice.
Groups B and C follow diverse pathways, generic, dementia or Adults with Learning Disabilities.
Fee: £1495 + VAT*
*5% discount if paid in full at time of booking
Interest free option:
8 monthly installments of £189
If you’d like more information on any of the qualifications featured, our friendly team would be happy to advise you. Simply call 020 8300 9292